Analytics

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day 7 of 365

I LOVE to write.

For me that statement resonates on so many levels.  I believe in my heart that I am meant to spend my time on this earth doing what I love to do.  I feel in my soul that I am meant to spend my life with those who I love to be with.  

And so I write.

We have all heard the cliches.  Life is short.  Time flies.  What person doesn't look back and think about the silly things they spent energy on, the foolish things they wasted precious time worrying about.  My goal is to spend most of my days loving what I am doing, and appreciating who I am with.  

And so I write.

Now, I am not saying that I plan to throw all mundane but necessary tasks in the spiritual trash bin, while living in a constant state of Kumbaya bliss.  I am simply going to love those routine moments too!  I adore my full time job, and the talented people I get to work with.  Time with my family is precious.  I get a lot of satisfaction and joy out of cleaning, reading, and just relaxing.  

I know I do NOT enjoy roller coasters, gossip, scary movies, negative people, or cake with a lot of frosting.  So instead of bitching about those things I simply avoid them.  Done.  Simple.  

And so I write.  

Writing I dig.  Creating gives me a feeling of freedom, a sense of pure joy.  I experience love and positive feelings coursing through me, and who wouldn't crave that?  Even when I write about the rocky times for Lea and Alex, or the painful moments for Rachel and Leo, I feel excitement and energy, for them and for me.

And so I write.

Here's a little tidbit from the novel about Rachel and Leo, and a time of pain which was filled with love.  If you read Day 2 of this blog you will know that she died young, and it tore Leo to shreds.  (It was not the end of their journey, I can promise you that.)  Even as I write these words, and tears fill my eyes, my heart is filled with love and I can feel the truth in their journey.  I hope for nothing but truth in mine.

Rachel was slipping away from him.  He knew it by the shallow breaths he felt against his cheek, by the weakness in her grip as she held his hand.  He leaned in closer to hear her whispers, words that she was struggling to get out.  "I....am...yours..." she gasped, choking out each syllable in breaths that made the words barely audible.  She drew in one long raspy breath and finished "...until...the end... of time."  Leo lifted his head so that he could look into her eyes, blue eyes mixed with pain, truth, peace.  "Then wait for me darlin.  Promise you'll wait for me."  Rachel smiled.  "Forever."  The word came out effortlessly, as if the air she needed was summoned from somewhere deep inside, stored for that one moment.  Leo noticed that the pain was no longer in her eyes, her smile.  He saw nothing but peace.  

Believe in forever.  They did.

Alex





No comments:

Post a Comment