Analytics

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 71 of 365

Serendipity

I was really stewing on a problem a few days ago. It’s an old issue, one that has dogged me for some time now. No previous attempt to solve this complicated, Rubik’s cube of a puzzle had led to success, but there I was, once again twisting and turning the facts around in my brain, hoping that the colors would miraculously line up and the puzzle would be solved, once and for all.

Didn’t happen.   

But within the next hour something very special occurred. I received a text message from a good friend, an email from another, and a third sent me a message via FB. The simple fact that I heard from three different friends within an hour is certainly not newsworthy. What made me sit up straight and hum the tune from the Twilight Zone was that these three VERY different individuals all had the same identical, poignant words embedded in the respective messages. And the message was exactly what I needed to hear at that moment in time.

Now, you might be thinking (as I would be) “Hey…they all knew you were wrestling with a problem, so they all offered the same solid advice.” Nope. Only one of the three knew I was stewing on something, and even she didn’t know what I was spinning about. The other two sent their respective messages out of thin air.

So I have taken their advice to heart, (why mess with fate!) and have found that their beautiful words have made an immediate and significant difference in my life, and in my writing. Ahhhh….peace at last. 


 
Did it solve my Rubik’s cube? All I can say is that the colors are starting to line up and I feel that with just a few more adjustments I will see 6 solid sides. When it finally happens I will do a little happy dance, hug the next three people I see, and tuck the cube away in a special place in my heart. 

What was the message? I have heard it dozen of times before, but never with the clarity that this serendipitous event brought to me. When the student is ready perhaps? Their message to me was this:

Let go. Let God. There is a plan, and it’s a good one. Stop trying to force fate. Surrender.
 
Simple. Truth. And I will be forever grateful for their timing.

Now back to the story of MJWL. There was a time when Alex and Lea were also fighting against the current of their shared destiny. Fate was trying to bring them together while logic was striving to keep them apart.

Alex took a cautious step towards Lea. The attraction between them was intoxicating, and the four-foot space separating their bodies had become more than she could bear. Lea put both hands up in protest and the response momentarily stopped Alex cold.  

”Listen, don’t go falling for me... “

The guarded words were not congruent with the unmistakable longing in Lea’s eyes, and the soft tone added a layer of sensuality to her cautious words. Then, as if she could no longer control her own emotions, Lea sighed, reached out, and gently grabbed Alex by the hand, finishing her thought.

“…because I have already fallen for you.”

It took Alex a solid minute to recover from the blinding shock of that moment. The scope of her existence for those 60 seconds was the feeling of Lea’s hand holding hers, fingers intertwined, and the last six words she had spoken. Once Alex could see again she realized she was staring into brown eyes filled with love, laughter, and desire. She quickly closed the remaining gap between them, gently wrapping her hands around Lea’s waist, still staring into those deep brown eyes, trying to say a thousand things with one tortured glance.


Sometimes you have to just let go and give in to the journey, knowing that destiny, God, the angels, the Universe, or whatever else you may call it, has your back, and always will. And always, without hesitation…

Believe in forever.

 Alex







 

No comments:

Post a Comment